[OT] Old school film conversion

Jeff Nyman Jeff.Nyman at caselle.com
Wed Apr 11 16:58:08 MDT 2007

Allen's in Provo does it.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org] On Behalf Of
Jason Hall
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:40 PM
To: Provo Linux Users Group Mailing List
Subject: Re: [OT] Old school film conversion

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 14:12, Scott Jackman wrote:
> In a similar vein, I have a bunch of old slides from a similar
> generation that I would like digitized.  Does anyone know of a service
> that will do that for me?

First, define "bunch".  Also what are you willing to put into it.  Most
photo places now, and some online will do this, often around $.50 a slide.

My family literally had thousands of slides, so my brother and I went in on
a very high end scanner, with bulk processing.  Works quite well.  Be
careful what you get in a scanner though, and what you are willing to do.
Look for IR adjustments, and color correction you can live with.
--
Jayce^

/*