VOIP Provider Again

Dallin Jones squitoey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:20:04 MDT 2007

> I have used Vonage at home about 3 years, and at work about 2 years. They
> have been reliable and now that I have recently switched to Comcast (fromk
> 1.5 dsl to 4+ Mbps with cable) I don't really have any complaints. I know at
> home it's my cheapo Microsoft MN700 wireless router that slows my signal
> down. I am likely replacing that today.

The ONLY problem that I ever had with Vonage was when I tried using it
at my parents house, who happen to have a wireless ISP in Utah County.
Since there is a lot or wireless traffic and and due to the nature of
wireless, I had problems with things breaking up on me. Everywhere
else has been great!!

> My only dilemma in switching to Comcast is reverse DNS issues with outgoing
> mail from exim4. But I think I am almost to a solution for that too, since I
> want to just use my dynamic IP and not have to pay more to switch up to
> static IP if I can avoid it.

Comcast will not give you a static IP unless you upgrade to their
Business Cable Internet (which is a pretty big jump from their
residential service price).

Dallin