VOIP Provider Again

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Wed Apr 11 12:04:55 MDT 2007

> I'm just curious - why are so many departing from Vonage lately, other
> than the recent court actions against them?  I've been with them for
> about 1.5 years now and have never had a problem with them.  Are there
> bad experiences others are experiencing that I'm not?  All my problems
> thus far with them have been due to my ISP (Comcast), not Vonage.
> They've been way better than any telco I've ever been with, and way
> cheaper than the big names out there that I've seen.

Jesse:

I have used Vonage at home about 3 years, and at work about 2 years. They
have been reliable and now that I have recently switched to Comcast (fromk
1.5 dsl to 4+ Mbps with cable) I don't really have any complaints. I know at
home it's my cheapo Microsoft MN700 wireless router that slows my signal
down. I am likely replacing that today.

My only dilemma in switching to Comcast is reverse DNS issues with outgoing
mail from exim4. But I think I am almost to a solution for that too, since I
want to just use my dynamic IP and not have to pay more to switch up to
static IP if I can avoid it.

Scott