Distributed source control @ Utah Python user group

Bryan Petty etierra at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:06:33 MDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Nicholas Leippe <nick at leippe.com> wrote:
> I do have some idea. I also know how bad it can bite you when a file contains
> data in a heredoc that depends on the line ending it was created with. (think
> mime mail or HTTP headers).

This is why you don't set those properties on those files.

Suggesting that all version control systems shouldn't have this
feature is a completely different thing though, and none of the
systems that implement a feature in this regard clobber newline
endings by default, so this is pointless unless you consider
incompetence a valid reason to leave the feature out.

Regards,
Bryan Petty