VOIP Provider Again

Brian Beardall brian at rapsure.net
Tue Apr 10 12:30:26 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 10:02 -0600, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> On Monday 09 April 2007, Chad wrote:
> > On 4/9/07, Brian Beardall <brian at rapsure.net> wrote:
> > > I use Viatalk for my VOIP provider. I've been using them for over a
> > > year, and move between systems and it works on various networks. Viatalk
> > > uses the standard sip protocol and you can bring your own device. In
> > > having them over a year I haven't had any down time.
> > >
> > > Brian Beardall
> >
> > Not like I'm a huge user, but for the rare occasion I actually use my
> > home phone I've never had problems with SipPhone.com which is
> > basically a twin [sister,brother] company to Gizmo.  I use an SPA-2002
> > (I think? it says PAP2T somewhere on it) and a couple of regular
> > phones (5.8Ghz) and it works just fine for my needs.
>
> A coworker uses sipphone w/no service complaints.

I used sipphone for a little while, and had serious quality issues with
the calls I made. I also couldn't have a local phone number in Utah
country. Their service worked, but seemed like the backbone they were on
didn't work well with sfcn because the voice was choppy. I looked at
others, but if you want you can setup a asterisk server if you want with
viatalk. I tried someone else out as well and they allowed an asterisk
server, but I couldn't connect to them with ekiga or linphone. I use
ekiga for my phone.

Brian Beardall