Static vs. Dynamic IP address and email blocking

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Fri Apr 6 07:02:45 MDT 2007

In light of the MX Records thread, I thought I'd toss in my question.

I recently switched from Qwest/Xmission, where I believe I had a Static IP
address for DSL to my office, to Comcast, with dynamic IP address. I am now
running into several problems with sending email.

I can't email to AOL accounts, two of which belong to my Mother. Similarly,
I can't email to MSN accounts.

I have gone the rounds with AOL's postmaster support, as well, with Comcast,
who all threaten to reverse the DNS back to my own domain, instead of having
it show up as reversing to comcast.net. After a while they come back and
say...can't do it cause you have a Dynamic IP address.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY to have a dynamic IP address, and yet manage my
own email and send out email to recipients bearing @aol.com or @msn.com, et
al?

I have had some mention dyndns but not sure how that would work with my
situation. When I switched over to Comcast, the cost for changing was $0.00,
but with an increase in bandwidth from 1.5 Mbps to over 4 Mbps. And yet,
despite the speed boost it's really worthless if I can't email to everyone
on my patient lists and others.

Please advise.

Scott