MX Records reliable

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:28:15 MDT 2007

A lot of people with for instance personal domain names, such as
myname.name don't know enough to setup an MX record.
In many cases if an mx cannot be found the email system will query the
nameserver for an A record and pass the mail to that server.  So I
would do a double check.  First check to see if there is an MX record
and if that fails then check for an A record.