USB Keyboard / Mouse on server?

justin justin at justinhileman.info
Thu Apr 5 05:48:44 MDT 2007

On 4/4/07, David D Turley <turley at juno.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at getting a new server set up and was looking at some boxes
> with only USB capability (no PS2 ports).  My first questions is will I be
> able to install a console version of linux on the box (e.g. will it see a
> USB keyboard)?

i haven't had a problem with usb keyboards on the console recently
(kubuntu and fedora). my roommate's computer has some issues in grub,
but he has a "legacy usb keyboard" mode, where his computer pretends
it has a PS/2 keyboard... that seems to work just fine. i think most
new computers have this option in the bios.

justin
--
http://justinhileman.info