NFS Write speed slow

Adam Findley adam at cs.byu.edu
Wed Apr 4 08:02:45 MDT 2007

Adam Findley wrote:
> So I have setup a fresh new Archlinux workstation here at the BYU CS
> department, and it's NFS read speeds are tremendous, but the write
> speeds are horrendous.  Anyone know what causes such problems?

So the problem was specifically on the Archlinux client, and not on any
others.  Those were some great suggestions, but alas they didn't fix the
problem.  Apparently Archlinux did not start rpc.statd when loading it's
  netfs daemon or when it loaded the portmap daemon.  So starting
rpc.statd made all the difference in the world, and everything runs
normally now.

Adam