FW: Jr. Linux Admin job opportunity

Lance Pehrson lance_pehrson at sento.com
Tue Apr 3 16:09:14 MDT 2007

This job posting was put together by HR and its not very good. If you
have questions feel free to contact me. I hope no one minds me posting
this opportunity for those it might benefit here on the list.

Thanks,

Lance

To apply: http://www.sentojobs.com/orem/ViewJob-1166.html

Jr. Unix Systems Engineer

3/19/2007 - 4/10/2007

Location:

Orem, UT

Type:

Full Time

Department:

Other

The Jr. Unix/Linux Systems Administrator will work closely with the IT
Operations and Global network Operations Center to manage the UNIX based
computing enterprise.

The Jr. Unix/Linux Systems Administrator will be accountable for the
performance, configuration and availability of mission critical *nix
systems, Apache web servers, NAMED DNS an other server based services.

The Jr. Unix/Linux Systems Administrator will also work closely with
developers and project management during the application development
cycle to discuss feasibility and supportability of the proposed
implementation, and influence the design.

Job Requirements:

Must possess excellent, demonstrable problem solving skills

Minimum 2 years UNIX / Linux systems administration experience;

Multiple flavors of Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP UX) and Linux experience
preferred.

Must have ecommerce internet service experience, experience managing /
tuning server performance.

Customized Linux distribution, kernel modification, and package build
experience a plus.

Individual must possess a conceptual understanding of advanced technical
topics (e.g. process scheduling, kernel internals, TCP/IP communications
at all levels).

Shell scripting (Bourne, Perl, Awk, Sed, etc.) skills required.

Ability to work in high-pressured but highly structured, customer
oriented