General Conference

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Sep 30 09:54:10 MDT 2006

It comes up every time, so I'll preempt the questions. If you're
interested in listening to the LDS General Conference over the net in
Linux, follow these steps:

1. Go to http://lds.org/broadcast/gc/0,5161,7050,00.html and pick a
   stream URL.
2. mplayer -playlist <url>
3. ???
4. Profit!

For example,

  mplayer -playlist http://lds.org/broadcast/file/build/0,16929,4145,00.asx

will get you English.

If anyone figures out how to get the video from byu.tv to work in Linux
that'd be neat, but I don't have high hopes for it. It wouldn't hurt to
visit the page though so that if they look at their logs they see some
Linux users.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach