good firewall for linux

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Sep 26 18:18:00 MDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 03:22:33PM -0600, SlackwareTeen wrote:
> Could anyone point me to a good firewall for linux? Thanks. every time
> i find a firewall i think is good, i either don't have the right
> libraries, or it doesn't work under any user but root

If your requirements are fairly simple (typical SOHO network), try
firestarter. The GUI is actually useful.

From the RPM:

Name   : firestarter
Arch   : i386
Version: 1.0.3
Release: 11.fc5
Size   : 1.3 M
Repo   : extras
 Firestarter is an easy-to-use, yet powerful, Linux firewall tool for GNOME.
Use it to quickly set up a secure environment using the firewall creation
wizard, or use it's monitoring and administrating features with your old
firewall scripts.