Die NOW?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 12:37:30 MDT 2006

Hey there,
I've got a problem and I can't seem to find a solution, I'm hoping
some kind soul on the plug list can help me with what SHOULD be a
rather simple thing.
I'm working on a game, and occasionally I have coding mistakes creep
in that make the game process unkillable.
I'm wondering if there is anyway to tell the OS to kill the darned
thing right now.
I've tried
killall mygame
And that doesn't seem to kill it right away, it seems to ask the
process to politely exit.
But what if I need it to die RIGHT now.  Is there a bash command I can
use to kill the process immediately without "asking it's permission"
as seems to be the case with my current method?

Thanks in advance!