IRC, how safe is it?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Sep 23 15:26:25 MDT 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 at 02:34 -0600, SlackwareKid wrote:
> How safe is IRC, I'm not allowed to use it because my brother and my
> dad said that it isn't to safe for the network. I was wondering, how
> safe is IRC?

It's safer for "the network" than Windows or Internet Explorer.

Your brother and dad should be more concerned about how safe it is for
_you_, which can range from perfectly safe to perfectly unsafe depending
on which servers and channels you frequent, just like HTTP, FTP, SMTP,
High School, downtown, the park, etc. Also depends on your definition of
safe.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach