Shared Calendar/Todos?

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Tue Sep 19 00:23:39 MDT 2006

Jesse Stay wrote:

> On 9/18/06, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at carnageblender.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:30:06 -0600, "Jesse Stay" <jesse at thestays.org>
>> said:
>> > It scares me that small businesses are willing to forgoe their
>> > ownership of company-owned data and submit it to Google.  I'd be
>> > willing to bet that by having your company use Google's apps, Google
>> > now legally owns any company data stored on it.
>>
>> I'll take that bet.
>>
>> -Jonathan
>

> First of all, I recommend all read this article before considering
> using Google Apps for your business:
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/micro-markets/?p=392
>
> I'd also like to refer to the Google Apps for your Domain Terms of Service:
>
> https://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/admins/terms.html
>
> Under "Ownership, Restricted Use":
>
> "Google and its licensors shall own all right, title and interest,
> including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights relating
> to Google Apps (and any derivative works or enhancements thereof),
> including but not limited to, all software, technology, information,
> content, materials, guidelines, and documentation.  Customer shall not
> acquire any right, title, or interest therein, except for the limited
> use rights expressly set forth in the Agreement."
>
> What do I win?

I read that last a bit differently.  The "content" wording can throw one
off, but I still see it as relating to their development, community or
internal, and not necessarily to the content from useage of the service.
  But it's also vague enough that it could require a judicial review...
but that is just my first impression (quickly formed at that) without
reading the rest of the TOS statements... this exerpt being totally out
of context.  The last line requires further examination of the Agreement
for clarification.

ME