Shared Calendar/Todos?

Jesse Stay jesse at
Mon Sep 18 23:19:26 MDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:30:06 -0600, "Jesse Stay" <jesse at>
> said:
> > It scares me that small businesses are willing to forgoe their
> > ownership of company-owned data and submit it to Google.  I'd be
> > willing to bet that by having your company use Google's apps, Google
> > now legally owns any company data stored on it.
> I'll take that bet.
> -Jonathan

First of all, I recommend all read this article before considering
using Google Apps for your business:

I'd also like to refer to the Google Apps for your Domain Terms of Service:

Under "Ownership, Restricted Use":

"Google and its licensors shall own all right, title and interest,
including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights relating
to Google Apps (and any derivative works or enhancements thereof),
including but not limited to, all software, technology, information,
content, materials, guidelines, and documentation.  Customer shall not
acquire any right, title, or interest therein, except for the limited
use rights expressly set forth in the Agreement."

What do I win?