Geek or Nerd?

Blake Barnett shadoi at nanovoid.com
Mon Sep 18 12:35:51 MDT 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Hans Fugal wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 at 11:02 -0600, Brandon Beattie wrote:
>> you're a geek.  If you're hacking your xbox for linux and first in
>> line
>> to LOTR and read every book you're both geek and nerd.  If you've
>> read
>
> Actually, the first in line to LOTR were opportunists. I was there,
> you
> know. It's the second and third ... and fiftieth in line you have to
> worry about.
>
> If you've read every book, I don't think geek or nerd is quite
> enough to
> describe you. Maybe omniscient would come closer.

Wow, there are a lot of omniscient people in the world then!  I read
all the books but I didn't stand in line to see any of the movies
(Payson theater is nice that way.  haha)

I scored 46 on this test[1] which means I'm lightly nerdy.  I'd say a
score in the 50's is roughly the line at which you can distinguish
nerds from geeks.  ;)

1. http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nq.php?im

-Blake