Shared Calendar/Todos?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Thu Sep 14 13:52:31 MDT 2006

I know, I know, it's basically one of the holy grails of small
business, but here is what I'm after:

We have 2 employees who use macs, several who use windows.  They all
need to share calendars/todos, and we need to allow one employee (the
office manager) to set up appts/etc for everyone else.

They are all willing to use Outlook/Entourage/iCal/whatever to do it,
as long as it works well.

We are looking for something that will allow the folks with laptops
to see their schedule even though they are not connected to the
internet (ie, no web-only solutions will work), but allow it to get
updates to their calendars whenever they do connect.

We are pretty anti-microsoft here, but have plenty of Linux to go
'round.

Anyone have any suggestions for sharing all this info that mere
mortals can set up?

For a bonus round - I'd also like to get shared contacts set up in
similar fashion.

Thanks!

-- Kimball