Wireless at UVSC

Justin Findlay justin at jfindlay.us
Mon Sep 11 19:22:36 MDT 2006

On AD 2006 September 11 Monday 02:51:52 PM -0600, Adam Fisher wrote:
> The Cisco Clean Access Agent is hardly an unknown "weirdo"software
> product.

Adam, I should have been more specific.  I am absolutely unwilling to
install some (closed source) software on my computer that I don't
necessarily consent to in exchange for internet access.

the RIAA are a bunch of morons who still believe they can intimidate the
general internet public who are in violation of copyright (which many
consider to be broken including me, but that's the subject of another
email thread) by deliberate, unprecedented case harvesting in what
appears to be an abuse of the legal system.

I don't condone or particpitate in breaking copyright law myself, but
I'm sorry you had to deal with the RIAA, and I don't blame you for
working amicably with the them on this.

Part of the reason I switched to a Free/Open platform was so that I
never had to deal with mandated software installation again, and I hope
that it may always stay that way with Free/Open platforms.

Justin

--
You have 1 Moderator Point! Use it or lose it!