Sympa vs Mailman

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 18:48:13 MDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Adam Fisher <FISHERAD at uvsc.edu> wrote:

> "  It was quite easy to get Mailman working and installed, doing
> things like virtual domains was challenging, however. "
>

> I too am having trouble getting virtual domains working.  Did you find
> a good walk thru on this?  That would be for Sympa or Mailman.
>
> Adam

Adam,

I am no expert, so I followed several pieces of information.  However,
nothing was put together quite the way I wanted it to be.  Maybe I will
write it up on my blog in the near future, once I get TLS working with
Postfix.  BTW, what MTA are you using?

Here's a couple of the links I used to get things sorted out, but it was
nowhere near straightforward.

http://gundy.org/2006/06/08/openbrainstem-mailman-configuration-fixed/
http://blog.openbrainstem.net/peregrine/2006/06/07/openbrainstem-mailman-configuration-fixed/
http://lathiat.livejournal.com/34680.html
http://freemars.org/howto/mailman.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html
http://homex.subnet.at/~max/mail/mailman.php

Plus I used the postfix-to-mailman.py script written by Dax at my work, Guru
Labs.  You have to scroll down for a bit, however.

http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/downloads.php

Hope this helps you get started on Mailman.

Cheers,

Clint