Wireless at UVSC

Jacob Albretsen jakea at xmission.com
Mon Sep 11 11:50:14 MDT 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 11:32, Adam Fisher wrote:
> I work at the UVSC IT Department.  You should bring your laptop to the
> IT Helpdesk in BA006.  You will need to register your Mac Address.  I
> run SLED 10 on my laptop and it works great.  You will not need to
> install the Cisco Clean Access Agent on Linux.

Okay, then I was told wrong.  I talked to someone in BA006 a few weeks ago and
he said I would have to install Clean Access, even with Linux.  (Maybe he
didn't know what Linux is?)

> However you will need to
> login to the network thru your web browser before you can access
> anything.  That is the annoyance.

That's what I do at BYU, so it's nothing new.

> Since wireless is not funded by the school in anyway.  It is a service
> that the IT department provides internally.

Ahhhh, that would make a difference if it's not covered by the school.  Thanks
for clarifying that.  Course then it doesn't make sense why UVSC doesn't just
fund wireless.  Ah, politics.  It's good of UVSC OIT to realize the need and
just do it.  I give you a thumbs up there.

> Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks for all the information.

- Jake