Wireless at UVSC

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Sep 11 10:18:56 MDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 at 10:11 -0600, Jacob Albretsen wrote:
> Anyway, from what I've been able to find out, I have to install some of their
> software onto my computer.  I assume some of the UVSC students on the list
> have done this for Linux.  Is there any need to be concerned about this
> software?  Is it going to screw up my system from connecting to other
> wireless networks (ie BYU)?  Any other advice?

Come to NMSU. One-time MAC registration, free no-hassle wireless all
over campus (might have to be affiliated with the University, I don't
remember). I was utterly amazed when I got here. I had no idea there
were universities with sane wireless coverage and policies. Let alone
underfunded state universities. Alas I'm not seeing it happen in Utah.
There's something about Utah that I can't quite place my finger on, but
I'm quite confident that network access at BYU and UVSC will always be a
pain for the foreseeable future.

</gloat>

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net