Wireless at UVSC

Jacob Albretsen jakea at xmission.com
Mon Sep 11 10:11:16 MDT 2006

UVSC Students (if you're out there),

I teach the weekend astronomy class and I've been thinking of taking my laptop
in do show some things to my class.  I've looked into connecting to the
wireless network there.  (I *love* the fact I have to pay 5 bucks a month
even though I work for the place as adjunct faculty).

Anyway, from what I've been able to find out, I have to install some of their
software onto my computer.  I assume some of the UVSC students on the list
have done this for Linux.  Is there any need to be concerned about this
software?  Is it going to screw up my system from connecting to other
wireless networks (ie BYU)?  Any other advice?

Thanks!

- Jake