No GCC in Ubuntu? [was: Re: Best Minimalist OS for VMPlayer?]

Thom Metge uug_emetge at accident-prone.com
Sun Sep 10 22:04:12 MDT 2006

You are quite right :)  It was the first thing that crossed my mind
after making that little discovery... Ubuntu is one of the very best
Linux desktops I've had the chance to work on.  Fortunately, getting GCC
is as easy as "apt-get install build-essential".  It still comes as a
bit of a shock after working with Linux for so long... but I suppose
there are enough flavors of Linux out there that it makes such a minor
complaint quite senseless- there's always one that will better suite
your needs.

Tom