Best Minimalist OS for VMPlayer?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 15:15:28 MDT 2006

Hello All,
I've been playing with VMPlayer now for a couple of days, and I
really, really like it.
I believe it's going to speed my coding and debugging time up
significantly since my coding focuses primarily on multiplatform and
cross platform games.
What I'm curious to know about though is if there is a "minimalistic
OS" that I can use as a host OS for all my "appliances" images or
whatever you want to call them.
This way I can just quickly load the boot into the host OS, and have
plenty of resources available for the player and any subimages I care
to run.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance!