man eats crow, film at 11

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sun Sep 10 08:38:06 MDT 2006

As my subject line implied, when I replied to Josh I suspected I might
have been including more than I should have. Unfortunately, I decided
that it was okay to include mention of past employees and my estimation
of how others felt about him. Obviously I was wrong.

As a result, I caused others to form a more negative opinion of Josh and
his company. That is not what I intended to do.

Josh is that rare combination, a technically skilled person who also has
excellent business knowledge. He is happy to help others by sharing his
knowledge. Since he arrived in Utah, he has worked not only to build a
successful company but also to improve the situation of local IT
employees while enriching the environment for employers.

For that I owe him my thanks.

I do not know what it is like to work for Berkly Data Systems, I can
only guess based on the culture Josh would probably encourage. Josh has
the ability to recognize and attract skilled people. It is always
enjoyable to work with competent co-workers. I have heard from several
sources that he "treats engineers like they are valuable, rather than a
commodity." He was doing so before the hiring market became tight.
Unfortunately, that is not as common as it should be. Josh should be
commended.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill