Software Engineering

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Sat Sep 9 23:34:25 MDT 2006

Grant Robinson wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2006, at 9:27 PM, Daniel C. wrote:
>
>> If I asked "How can I become a civil engineer" you wouldn't answer
>> with "A civil engineer designs bridges and buildings for non-military
>> use".  You'd say "First you get a degree in civil engineering from an
>> ABET-accredited institution.  Then you take the Fundamentals of
>> Engineering exam.  Assuming you pass the exam, you then work for a few
>> years under a licensed civil engineer.  For further questions you can
>> contact the American Society of Civil Engineers."
>

> And yet with all these qualifications, civil engineers still can't
> patch a road without leaving a very noticeable and annoying bump or
> dip.  :)  Looks like processes and qualifications aren't all they are
> cracked up to be. :)

Doh! in a city that would governed by "city engineering" departments,
aka road maintenance.  The resulting bump or dip the result of a process
that is an art more than science; as you have to overfill the hole or it
will still be a slight dip.  As you can see, no one appreciates nor
refines the fine art of filling pot holes in roads anymore :(

Mister Ed