Software Engineering

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 21:14:00 MDT 2006

Right, but in other engineering disciplines, the title "Engineer" is
regulated, must be earned, and comes with some degree of quality
control.  I'm not aware of any body of professionals which exists to
certify people as "Software Engineers" (capitalized).  The result is
that we have a bunch of people who call themselves software engineers
but are lacking the experience and quality that designates Engineers
in other fields.  Your opining on the issue illustrates some of the
things that may define a Software Engineer, but in the end it's just
your opinion.

Dan