Job Posting (.04K Reward!) Jr. Linux Admin + Windows Support

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Sat Sep 9 17:57:28 MDT 2006

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, "Matthew Walker" wrote:
> On Sat, September 9, 2006 11:08 am, Ross Werner wrote:
>> Here, here. For all intensive purposes grammer and spelling is lost art.
>
> ARGH! That's my pet peeve you just hit!
>
> It drives me absolutely insane when people say 'for all intensive
> purposes'. I understand you were being silly, but... ARGH. :)

I must say it cracks me up. Although I underestimated how many people
would think I was actually being serious.

By the way, I discovered today that there is a word for such things as
"here, here" and "all intensive purposes", and a web site devoted to
collecting them:

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/

That site is like manner from heaven.

 	~ Ross