Job Posting (.04K Reward!) Jr. Linux Admin + Windows Support

Josh Coates jcoates at berkeleydata.net
Sat Sep 9 08:01:25 MDT 2006

> My only problem with the last job you posted is I'm not a C
> programmer nor do I want to become one at this point.

ooh - this sounds like an invitation to go off about what a shame it is that
software engineers aren't being taught or learning system languages like C.
;-)

does this freak anyone else out, or is it just me?

i mean, java, perl, python etc are fine languages and i'm sure C# is great
and all - but holy crap, if you aren't proficient in C, it just seems to me
that you are 'half' and engineer, and will never reach your full potential
as a career software developer.

sigh.

-josh