Weird keys problem in FC5

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 21:51:04 MDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Steve Meyers <steve-plug at spwiz.com> wrote:
> I have a similar problem.  I use the windows key for a couple of things,
> and sometimes in FC5 it doesn't work as a meta key.  X recognizes when I
> press down the windows key, but it doesn't pass it as a modifier when I
> press something else while keeping the windows key down.  If I log out
> and back in a few times, I can eventually get it to work.

I also noticed that the windows key doesn't get recognized all of the
time in combination with other keys.  However, I use xbindkeys and in
FC5 with Gnome and Fluxbox I haven't had any problems with it.  yum
install xbindkeys, set up your .xbindkeysrc with all of the shortcuts
you need, and you're off to the races, with key combos that use the
windows key.

--
Alex Esplin