Job Posting (.04K Reward!) Jr. Linux Admin + Windows Support

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Fri Sep 8 15:53:38 MDT 2006

So, can 300g buy some uber-elite items or something?  You do realize
you're paying the cost of a full game, right?  Most RPGs I've played
300g won't buy you much of anything, so $40 US seems insanely steep to
me.

I never understood the whole MMORPG phenomenon, anyway.  The whole pay
full-price for the game, then pay almost as much every month just to
play it seems like a total scam.  Too many games have free, unlimited
online play.  I mean, if the original game was free, or if it were free
to play online after buying the original game, that makes sense to me.

Anyway, just curious what kind of a value 300g for $40 is, since it
doesn't seem like much of one from an uninvolved bystander.

Greg