Job Posting (.04K Reward!) Jr. Linux Admin + Windows Support

Ryan Byrd ryanbyrd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 11:43:22 MDT 2006

All-

RemedyMD is currently looking for a smart jr Linux Admin who can also do
Windows support. See below for details.

If you, or someone you know, is qualified, please have you or them email
rbyrd at remedymd.com with their resume.

As an ersatz Mozy-esque incentive, there is $40 dollars in cold, hard cash
to the person who refers the individual we hire.

Just think, forty dollars can by 300 gold in the average WOW realm!

Ryan

Linux Administration and part-time Windows Helpdesk. (Salaried 40-45k DOE)

RemedyMD is a growing medical software technologies company providing
healthcare solutions (electronic medical records, etc.) for physicians,
patients and providers. Our headquarters is nestled at the foot of Big
Cottonwood Canyon in Salt Lake City, Utah.

SUMMARY

The qualified applicant will be an integral part of our technology staff and
will work together in a team to create, administer, integrate, support, and
maintain Linux (Debian and Redhat based systems.) In addition, the candidate
needs to be comfortable with Network Administration and Troubleshooting, and
Windows Helpdesk.

The individual will be responsible for assisting with the integration of new
hardware and software applications. This is a great position for an
individual who is eager to gain invaluable experience working with clients
on cutting edge web applications and configuring the latest server
applications.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Linux Administration
    * Two data centers with 30 Linux servers and supporting hardware
    * Networking/wireless networking
    * Software support: subversion, dotProject, Nagios, Wiki, etc.
    * Compile/install/maintain apache, MySQL, PHP, Memcache, etc.
    * Asset management
    * Software/license management
    * Regular hours plus on call for incident monitoring and response

Windows Desktop Support
    * Setup new laptops running Windows XP
    * Printer setup
    * Email Administration
    * Software installation and troubleshooting

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
     * 3-5 years of experience
    * Bachelors degree in Information Systems or equivalent certifications
    * Effective interpersonal skills
    * Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to both technical
and non-technical end-users.
    * Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively
prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.