It's no utopia [was: Help Me Leave Qwest]

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 17:43:19 MDT 2006

On 9/7/06, plug.org at 2nerds.com <plug.org at 2nerds.com> wrote:
> Yes, UTOPIA is fast, but it's down FAR too often.  In this past month
> alone I've had more downtime on my UTOPIA/Xmission circuit than I had
> cumulatively over years as a Speakeasy DSL customer.

Just out of curiosity:  Have you bothered to complain to the provider?
 This sounds unusually bad and there's probably some fixable problem.
Perhaps the guy who "crimped" your fiber was a newbie at it (you said
you hopped on pretty early).  Or it could even be some piece of your
own hardware that's gone flakey.

This sounded too much like "GNOME sucks!  It tried to do XYZ and it
crashed - I'll never use it again!"  Usually it's best to file a bug
report.  Same goes for any service.  They want it to be reliable for
you as much as you do.