Help Me Leave Qwest

David B bavibs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 12:50:29 MDT 2006

Matthew Walker wrote:
> I'm desperate to find an alternative to Qwest, but I have some
> requirements that are making it hard.
You didnt mention what city you were in!  You need to call that guy that
did Airswitch. There is a secret (small) stretch of road in Springville
that has 10mbit Airswitch. A year or so ago I heard he was still running
a few small pieces of the network. Dont want to get him in trouble so
this might be totally false. I think its the guy that runs this website
(PURESCIENCE.COM)

Forgot to mention the obvious.  If you are using DSL, you are probably
using Qwest copper somewhere in the equation. So somewhere along the way
Qwest makes at least $14 a month off somebody.  The compettiors (CLECs)
lease Qwest copper so you dont get a bill from Qwest but they still use
qwest copper.

Xmission (a Qwest mega central customer) pays large amounts of money to
Qwest for use of their ATM network.

If you really want to get away from Qwest your best bet is utopia,
comcast, or Utahbroadband, airswitch in springville and afcity, or
iprovo in Provo.

Also look into voip.  If you get using voip, you can get rid of Qwest
dial tone.  Dont try to do viop unless you are on the new Motorola
canopy gear. eg Voip wont work with Digis