Employment opportunity working with Linux

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 20:41:40 MDT 2006

It is.  When I worked at the University of Minnesota, people did this
all the time.  Technically, all state positions have to be posted in a
public place so that anyone can apply.  In reality, the word that a
new job is opening up goes out among the colleagues of the professor
who's going to be doing the hiring.  The interviews (not official, of
course) are held, a decision is made, and *then* the public posting is
made.  The person who's been offered the job applies via the public
posting and is hired.  Not in line with the spirit of the law, really,
but technically it's legal.