ANN: Utah Asterisk Users Group Mtg tonight

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Sep 6 16:37:53 MDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 16:17 -0600, Daniel C. wrote:
> *hijacks thread*

You know better and still do it?  Strange.

> My folks just signed up for VoIP with... comcast I think it was.  Is
> it possible to set up an Asterisk box in their house and get all sorts
> of coolness going on over there?

The answer is usually not.  It depends on the provider and what they are
using.  Sometimes they will use SIP and be *super* tricky by running it
on a non-standard port.  If that's the case, then it's pretty easy.

The thing to look for is the ability to hook up a "soft phone" like
X-lite (or whatever that is).  If you can do that, then they haven't
locked it completely down.

--
Gabriel Gunderson
http://gundy.org/