OT: Job Posting

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Tue Sep 5 11:45:16 MDT 2006

Do you hate stuffy companies?

Does your boss have pointy hair?

Want a chance to work with an energetic team of talented developers?

Would you like to actually use the talents you spent all these years
developing to create killer software?

Beat The Bookstore is a quickly expanding franchisor of college
textbook bookstores. We have stores all over the nation, with more
opening all the time.

We are looking for someone with a strong software development
background, and a desire to develop and learn in an awesome environment.

Imagine - small company atmosphere, no dress code (we rarely wear
shoes - jeans w/out holes is "dressing up" around here), awesome
technology to learn and use (Linux, Java, Ruby on Rails, MySQL), a
really fun environment (barbecues, movies at work, foosball,
basketball, air hockey, nerf gun fights, etc.) and an opportunity to
make a huge contribution from your first day.

By joining this team you'll be asked to assist in the entire software
development process - requirements gathering, design, coding,
testing, deployment, and maintenance. Our core product is the
software that drives our stores - currently written in Java/JSP with
a MySQL backend, but will shortly be ported to Ruby On Rails.
Training for tools/technolgies will be provided where needed.

To apply, please send resumes, etc. to itjobs at beatthebookstore.com.

Thanks!

-- Kimball Larsen
IT Director, Beat The Bookstore