SMS Server

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 23:07:07 MDT 2006

Not really.  Last I was looking into this kind of thing SMS sending
was part of the GSM standard, or some other relevant standard.  ATA
something - I really don't recall.  In any case a wide variety of
phones can be covered by adhering to that standard.

And there are even several programs that already do exactly what the
OP wants to do.  I've never used any of them so I can't vouch for any.

apt-cache search gsm sms

- Andrew