Which Distro?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Sep 4 08:37:36 MDT 2006

On Sun,  3 Sep 2006 at 21:58 -0600, Daniel C. wrote:
> On 9/3/06, Hans Fugal <hans at fugal.net> wrote:
> >He could have
> >installed Debian stable or testing and just installed the lisp stuff by
> >hand.
>
> Which is exactly what I did, and it broke a lot of dependencies for
> other packages because I had new (unstable) version of those
> libraries.  It kept saying things like
>
> required: glibc > x.y.1, x.y.5 is installed

If you have stuff that depends on what you're building by hand, then it
can get tricky. Either don't install stuff that depends on what you're
building by hand, or learn how to use the tools to trick the system.
I've never done the latter.

If you're rebuilding glibc, well then I have little sympathy. Use
Gentoo. :)

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach