job opportunities ($4K reward!)

Josh Coates jcoates at berkeleydata.net
Fri Sep 1 13:24:47 MDT 2006

all,

things are going so well here at berkeley data systems that we're having a
hard time handling the awesomeness, and we need to grow a little bit more.

we're looking to hire at least another win32 VC++ uber-coder guy, and
possibly another linux systems guy.  oh - and we're also looking for a mac
coder (objective C) and we could really use an additional killer ruby/web
guy.

btw - the "systems" in "systems guy" to us means familiarity with coding
threads, sockets, memory management, etc. in C and/or C++.

if you don't fit that description, then maybe you know someone that does --
we'll pay you $4,000 if you help us find someone that's a good fit and we
make the hire.

if you are wondering what we do here, we:

*build petabyte architectures
*do high performance network / disk IO
*play with bloom filter magic
*pwn the NT kernel (DDK stuff)
*use python and ruby to make awesome magic things that help us run our
massive clustered storage system.

if you've got an interesting resume, then we'll bring you in for a harsh
(but friendly) technical interview.  yes, you will have to write code on the
whiteboard - so if you are better at resume dressing than you are at coding,
it will be a short, awkward interview.  ;-)

we pay well, offer stock options, and we pay 100% full health benefits for
you and yours.

are you the one?  or do you know the one?  please email jobs at mozy.com.

thanks,

-josh