HyberThreading

Dennis Muhlestein devel at muhlesteins.com
Fri Sep 1 07:20:23 MDT 2006

On 8/31/06, Brian Beardall <brian at rapsure.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 12:35 -0600, Andrew Jorgensen wrote:

All of my production systems run on hyperthreaded machines.  (They
were purchased when that was cool.)  To this date, I've never had an
issue with them.  A couple had uptimes of close to two years until
just recently when I had to fix something.  I haven't done any type of
benchmark for hyperthreaded vs standard.  I suppose that would be the
area to look at though.  Does Hyperthreading increase performance or
is it pretty much sixes either way?  I suppose it's highly dependant
on the application.  There is probably ample information on this on
the web.

-Dennis