in over my head with triple-boot

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Oct 29 22:35:35 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 21:35 -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> So LVM on the root partition is working for you?  I've heard that's
> problematic.  It should be possible using initramfs, but have the
> distros actually finished the work required?

It depends on what distro you're looking at.  FC and Ubuntu support it
(and have for a while now), but I don't know about Suse.  I'm guessing
it does.  However, I've been bitten by using LVM on my "/" partition
when moving an Ubuntu system over to Xen/Ubuntu.  The stock Xen kernels
don't have support for LVM.  The good news is that FC's Xen kernels do
have LVM built-in and make it a breeze to work with.

Gabe