cygwin ": command not found"

Stephen Ward sjward at
Fri Oct 27 14:10:34 MDT 2006

A couple of days ago, I fired up cygwin and it spit out the line ": command
not found" about 40 times before giving me the prompt.  I have no idea what
I might have changed--to my knowledge I have changed nothing.  I've rummaged
around a few files in my cygwin folder (home/stephen/.bashrc, etc/profile,
etc/profile.d/ but I don't see anything invalid therein (which is
not to say that I would necessarily know how to spot anything invalid).

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before?  Does anyone know what I can do
to fix it?  I'm thinking I might just reinstall cygwin.

P.S.  Screenshot attached...

Ray tracing rules: