Oracle finally makes linux annoucement

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:01:22 MDT 2006

On 10/26/06, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> BIG thanks to Red Hat for all you do.  I wish you luck.  When I'm not
> poor, and when I own a business that needs top-notch support, you'll get
> my money.

Thanks. :)

The oracle news only further motivates us to work even harder than we
currently do.  The great thing about Red Hat is the we actually listen
to our customers and try to incorporate things into our distro that we
think bring value to the community.

Have you had to create a support ticket or file a bug for the Oracle
database?  Its not a fun way to spend the month. ;)

You can read the official response to the oracle annoucement at www.redhat.com.

I have said this before and I will say it again -- Red Hat is a great
place to work.  We currently have over 40 open positions here in
Raleigh and I strongly encourage people to apply.  We even have 4-6
software engineering openings at my team.  There are currently four
people who have relocated from the Provo area working here and we need
more.

And hey, 70 degree weather when its snowing in Utah isn't bad either.

--
Grant