Enterprise Backup Solution

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Oct 25 13:55:35 MDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:29:18PM -0600, Daniel wrote:
> Thank you for your comments.  I feel I will have to get each to work before
> I can make a decision.  Where can I find a good tutorial on each?  They are
> both complicated for me.  Are there any other solutions that anyone else
> would recommend?

Tutorials for Amanda and Bacula are on the respective web pages.

Also check out
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/backuprecovery/index.html and
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/unixbr/index.html. The first may not be
ready in time for your requirements; the second is rather old but
still very topical. The second has a good section on Amanda. I
reviewed it for Linux
Journal. http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3839