plug.org points

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Oct 24 19:57:33 MDT 2006

On Tue, October 24, 2006 18:26, Christer Edwards wrote:
> Which reminds me, I posted the book review for the book I picked up at
> the last PLUG meeting on my own site.  Does that need to go on PLUG too?

We are happy to accept any book reviews, stories, articles, anything you would like.
We need to have some general rules, however.

 - On plug.org anything that isn't a company or a blog entry is a story. A "story"
is essentialy akin to a page, node, etc. We accept the most common html tags. If
you need something more let me know.

1) The content should be contained entirly on plug.org. Incase your site goes down
we still want plug.org to work.

2) The content should be directly related to PLUG and its interests.

With that said, here are some examples of great stories people could post:

- LUG meeting notices. Just look at existing ones for examples. I will reorder these
as needed to be sure PLUG's next meeting noticies stay on top so people don't get
confused.

- Reviews. Perhaps that is the review of some FOSS software, a book, a service, etc.
Find a format that you like, and stick too it.

- Summaries of a #utah IRC chat, mailing list thread, etc. Something that provides a
good solution.

- SysAdmin/Programmer Toolkit - Highlight the usage of 2 or 3 utilites you can't
live without.

Those are just a few examples. The site gets a lot of traffic, so it is a great
place to post some content that adds value to the site - with a small link to your
site of course. ;)

The website belongs to you - the members - so make it what you want. The content is
key.

You can submit stories here: http://www.plug.org/node/add/story

Anyone have any comments?

-Ryan