plug.org points

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Oct 24 17:15:24 MDT 2006

On Tue, October 24, 2006 17:03, Topher Fischer wrote:
> I just noticed that my profile has "0 points".  I should have more
> points.  I'm not sure what they are supposed to be for, but I at least
> need more than Andrew.  How do I get points, and how do I steal the
> point that Jayce has?

The points are like that show "Who's line is it anyway?" They don't matter. The
winner gets a free shoe shine by an elephant in Pakistan.

However, some people like collecting points in case they are some day useful. Here
is what you can get points for:

12 - for posting an entry in to your PLUG blog. This is the easiest way to get loads
of points. Just please don't abuse or I'll change them all to -99 points. We have
enough "modern major general" posts. ;)

10 - for adding a company to the local companies list. This is my favorite. <message
type="subliminal">So add more companies.</message>

10 - for posting a story. Members can suggest stories. A good example is the UUG
meeting notices from spr. If you know when a LUG meets, post the story/meeting time,
get the points.

6 - for adding a comment to a story. Maybe recap what happened at a meeting or
something. Easy way to get them.