Interesting Member Profile Stats - Vim and Firefox Dominate

plug.org at 2nerds.com plug.org at 2nerds.com
Tue Oct 24 17:10:39 MDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> One metric that surprised me was the dominance of vim. We have more members using
> vim than firefox! I would have thought with the traditional vim vs. emacs debate
> that the numbers would have been closer to equal, but vim dominates the segment.
> What do you all think?

Since your stats draw comparisons only among "members who bother to fill
out online profiles", one might be tempted to conclude that emacs users
are simply less likely to bother with online surveys.  This comes as no
surprise to the emacs bigots among us who didn't fill out a profile. :-)

Naturally, I won't bother drawing the inference that VIM users have too
much idle time on their hands--time spent filling out online profiles,
apparently. :-)  (Wait a minute: now what does that say about _me_, here
finding myself bothering to write this message?  Erm, nevermind.)

Chris