[OT] AAA Linux Games Titles, was September Web Site Statistics

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Oct 12 14:04:54 MDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 01:35:54PM -0600, Michael L Torrie wrote:

> I think the real question for the game developers is, how many of us run
> windows?  Even on this list it's probably over 2/3.  If you count the
> spare windows box or vm we have "just in case" it's up over 90% I'd
> wager.

I personally don't care about games, but Michael's comments bring up
question that I think is pretty interesting.  I think this would make an
good poll for plug.org.

Do you use Windows?

1) I have no access to Windows other than through friends or someone
else's machine at work.

2) I own a Windows computer, but I rarely use it.  I don't play games on
it.

3) My main computer runs something other than Windows, but I regularly
use Windows at home or work or I use Windows for gaming.

4) I primarily run Windows.  Linux stinks!

I personally fall under category 1 (and I like it that way).

Ryan, does this seem like a good idea for a poll?  I'm really curious.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/